Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where did 2008 go?

Seriously?!? Where did last year go? Holy cow! You blink and you miss it! We had a fun, happy holiday! But there is definatley something to be said about 'routine'!! The Saturday before the kids went back to school we went ice skating. It was alot of fun! Amanda couldn't get enough! Uncle Kort came with us and we had a great time.







I started back to school the same day as the kids. I really didn't blog much about my last/first semester because as soon as it was done I had to get ready for Christmas. Last semester I had 3 classes which consisted of 9 credit hours. I had English 2010, Chemistry 1010 (online) and Sociology 1010. I ended up with an A- in English, a B+ in Chemistry, and an A in Sociology. Not bad for an old fart. I was pleased! This semester I am only taking one class...Biomed. It is Anatomy & Physiology combined into one class. It is also the most failed class at Weber. Everyone advised me to take it by itself if I could. So that is what I am doing. I am already glad! They told us we need to be spending about 28 hrs. per week between class, lab, SI, studying, etc. in order to get an A. It's like a part-time job!!! I have my first exam tomorrow!! It is exciting to be studying something that is directly related to being an Echo tech! I just turned in my application for the Echo program last week so everyone say a HUGE, ginormous prayer for me that I am accepted!!!

Last week I went to a class at Gwen's that taught us how to combine coupons and sales to get groceries real cheap! In the past week I have bought $270 worth of groceries for $70!!! It is sooooo fun! Every day the kids come in the house after school wanting to know what I got for "free" today! It is hilarious! I hate spending money on groceries, so I am loving this!!! Thanx Gwen!!

I have to tell you all that I am loving my new laptop that my sweetie got me for Christmas. We are connected to a wirless hub so I can take it anywhere in the house and be online! It has really eliminated alot of contention at our house over the computer!! Thanx honey!

2 comments:

ROBYN -N- KEVIN said...

Coupons are amazing! I am glad I started this trend with our families... and the savings just get better. And there is a link on my page to "savy saver" that we like to follow. And she will have a link to her friend who is an AMAZING coupon shopper so you will have to check it out. She gets so much for FREE!! Happy Coupon Shopping!!

DeAynne said...

Your kids are so grown up. And I notice that you are calling Joshua, "Josh" Is this something that he requested? It doesn't seem real. Whew. Where has the time gone? I see a real estate sign in your yard...are you trying to sell? Where do you want to go? I have a blog as well, but it is private, so I will send you an invite. I just need your email address. Mine is kevan450@gmail.com. It is so great to chat with you. I can't believe how much time has gone by, however, I think back to "the days" and wonder... oh man. There were some FuNnY times. I miss that. K, well, if I don't respond too quickly it is because we are moving in the morning and this thing probably won't be up and running until Monday or so. Love ya.