Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanx Mom!!

Last weekend Joe had the boys bring all the christmas decorations up from the basement. There were boxes everywhere. The whole process of getting out all the decorations seemed a bit overwhelming. After having the same stuff year after year I just was not excited about putting it all out again. Mom called and asked what I was doing. She could tell I was not real enthused by the idea of decorating. So she said, "Why don't you put up the tree, put the lights on it, and then I will come decorate it on Monday?" I jumped on that in no time flat!!! So by Monday morning everything was prepped and ready for the tree fairy to come work her magic!! I was so excited to come home from work Monday night to see my new beautiful tree! This is what I came home to....




She used all my snowman stuff, some stuff of hers she wasn't using this year, and bought the fun red and green balls and tinsel. It looks awesome!!! I love it!!

My Aunt Lynda has given us all Hallmark ornaments since I can even remember. She has continued the tradition with my kids as well. For Amanda's first Christmas she gave me a rubbermaid box full of Barbi ornaments that she had collected. Amanda loves getting them out each year. Last weekend I found a little 4 ft. pink tree at Walmart. We put in Amanda's room and she decorated it with her Barbis and little silver and lime green balls. It is so cute! She loves looking at it at night when she goes to bed! The hard part is going to be getting her to take it down once christmas is over.

6 comments:

Plain City Dickamores said...

love! Love! both the trees. What a wonderful MOM you have.

MARS said...

KAMI!!! hello! well i was thinking about work and how i actually miss it (weird huh ha) and i wanted to say hi. hows everything going? you're in school now too right? how is it? hope you're having a fabulous december! i have less than a month.. :) talk to you soon!

LeeAnn said...

your trees look awsome. Isn't fun

The Barker Clan said...

Love the trees! How nice it would be to have a tree fairy. Do you think I could get a take down Christmas Fairy?

MARS said...

ha lupe the great huh? well lupe is great, but it was not me that wrote it or anyone i know of! you'll have to tell me when you find out...can't wait to come home and see you guys!! what holidays are you working??

MARS said...

that's weird about lupe...i really have no idea. wait why was ugly j-girl at your husbands work party? she's so...lots of words i shouldn't say :) miss you! only like 20 more days!!!