Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Well it's over! Another year has come and gone! I am always amazed at how much work goes into one day! But it is worth it! We had a fabulous Christmas!

We have a tradition of gathering at Mom & Dad's on Christmas Eve with our whole family. We have awesome food, lots of fun and open presents. It is something I look forward to every year. We had a GREAT time! My handsome nephew, Ryan, was in rare form with his famous one-liners such as, "If I were passing a granade I would want the pin to come out!" He is a riot!

For Christmas, Mom made each of us a book that contains all of our families favorite recipes and family pictures from the past and present. It is incredible!! She did a fabulous job!

There was not a dry eye in the room when Lindsay opened his present. As most of you know, my niece, Heather, was in a car accident five days before her wedding. She broke her leg and her arm. She postponed her wedding because she wanted to dance with her Dad at her wedding. When that finally happend, it was a very tender moment. My dad had taken a picture of them dancing. Mom took that picture and did a water color painting of it. It was incredible!

I had made a calendar for Mom & Dad, my Grandma and Aunts with the kids picutres on it. It turned out really cute. But I wasn't the only one with that idea. My Aunt Lynda also had a calendar made with awesome pictures that I had never seen before. With mom's recipe book and the calendars it seems that we were all thinking alike! It was great!

We came home around 8:00 and the kids promptly put themselves to bed! I wish it was Christmas Eve every night!! Of course none of them went to sleep, but they were trying hard! We told them that they couldn't wake us up before 7:00 am. We woke up anyway about 6:30 and could here them talking in their bedroom. So we called Mom and Dad and Kort and told them to be here at 7:00 am!

All in all it was a great Christmas! I am so excited because Joe got me a laptop!!! Yeah!!! But he had to order it online and it won't be delivered until Monday! He was really bummed but it's okay! Now maybe I can be a little better about updating my blog! he he! It will be nice to have another week before school starts again, for everyone! I am kind of bummed though because I work EVERY day next week!

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas! It's been a great year for our family and we look forward to more great things in 2009!!!

No comments: