Friday, October 3, 2008

The Green-Eyed Monster


Yesterday Amanda was having a particularly BAD day! I had tried and tried to get her to do her reading, but she wouldn't hear of it! She wanted to go exchange some shoes I had bought for her, but I told her we couldn't do that until her reading was done. Her pleading become more instant and demanding until she finally just popped her cork! Her eyes turned green, horns appeared and her head was spinning around on her neck like something from the Exorcist. I am trying to explain the situation in clear detail as I am sure that none of you with a little girl have ever experienced this?!? HA! Finally Amanda was sent to her room to wait until her Dad arrived home from work. I was done!

Noah needed to do some timed readings so we went out onto the front porch so we could hear each other over the weeping, whaling and gnashing of teeth. Peace at last! It didn't take her long to find out where we were, so she opened her window and preceeded to yell at us from there. Soon Noah was done and off to play. I just stayed on the porch and listened to my ipod and enjoyed the quiet.

Joe pulled in the driveway. I walked over to his truck and opened the drivers door to chat. Soon I hear a small, sad voice call out, "Mommy?" I look up to her window where I can't see her through her curtains, but I know she's there. "What?" I answer sternly. The remorseful voice replies, "I just wanted you to know that I just spanked myself." "You did what?!?" I asked. "I SPANKED MYSELF!" That's what I thought I heard. I lost it! When Joe & I both stopped laughing long enough, I asked her why she did that. She answered, "So Daddy dosen't have to!"

Nothing will give you whiplash like a little girl's mood swings! Ya gotta love em!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hilarious! Way to stick to your guns Mom!

LeeAnn said...

They only get worse and more dramtic, so enjoy the little ones. But then suddenly, someday, they become great friends with who other than their MOM. so hang in there and good job.

Miss Annie said...

Oh Kami - thank you so much for making my monday morning enjoyable! I am laughing so hard right now! As a mom of 3 girls, I can totally sympathize!