Sunday, April 5, 2009

Accepting the Inevitable

Well as you can see by my updated blog layout, I have finally accepted the fact that winter has left us. It's a hard thing for me to come to terms with, but I know that resistance is futile. Now my "whinning-and-complaining-about-the-weather" season can begin!

We celebrated Amanda's 7th birthday this last week. It seems unreal that she is that old. She had a great day! Before she went to bed she was laying in bed with me and she said, "Next year I will be 8 and then I will have the Spirit with me!" I am so thankful that that is something that she looks forward to. It is unbelievable that next year at this time we will have all of our kids baptized! Now on to the next goal...temple & missions!

This past weekend we went to Wolf Creek Resort with Mom, Dad & Kort for a weekend of fun, relaxing and watching General Conference. We have made it into a tradition after we did it once and realized that the kids payed more attention when they didn't have all their "stuff" to distract them! Then in between sessions we swim, play raquetball, work out, etc. It was alot of fun! My favorite part was winning Kort and Joe in raquetball! We stayed up unitl 1:30 am playing cards and eating way too much food! Good times!! Thanx Mom & Dad!

School is going good. I picked up a math class at the ATC that I just finished up on Friday! YEAH!!! Right now I am finishing up the first half of my Biomed class. I am sitting at about a B+ right now but hope to bring it up with my last few exams. I decided to take the second half online during the summer. With the kids out of school it would be easier to do from home. I have learned so much from that class! I never realized what a miracle our physical bodies, and how they work, are! There is so much that goes on inside that we don't even realize or have to think about. How else could it ever be explained other than, "We were made in His image".

I don't have many new pictures. I have really gotten out of the habit of taking pics since I have been spending more time on facebook. I will do better! I will try to be a little more consistent!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Are you being serious? You really don't like spring? It's my most favorite! Everything feels fresh and new.

The Barker Clan said...

As I type this right now it is raining and I know you are loving it!! You gotta love spring though with the fresh smell of lawns being mowed, children playing outside, flowers blossoming and so much more. But the best is getting away to WC. Can't wait!! I have to say Kami, after all the grief I give you about loving Winter.....you are truly an awesome friend. You amaze me at what you accomplish and your attitude that goes with it. I truly look up to you(well maybe down at you:) If only I could be a little bit like you!! Love you girl!! Have an awesome Rainy day!